Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Obedience story: Aggregation

Sometimes bloggers aggregate, or collect together lots of websites/stories to share with their readers.

I'll aggregate a few sources on obedience training that I found helpful. Aggregate=brief summary plus link.

One that was nicely written and had an interesting history was Dog Owners Guide. The page that discussed how to find a good obedience school or trainer was very helpful to me as I prepared to interview my source. This source also approves of "positive only" training.

And this is cool: they used to be a print publication in Cincinnati OH. They now have a website and can help dog owners all over. But I wonder what they've lost by losing the local angle.

I also looked at the Humane Society's Website (I won't link it because of an annoying popup) and was easily able to find a succinct article on finding an obedience class/trainer for your dog. I liked the alternative story form of this--Q/A and a list. Nice for a website.

After I visited the school, I needed to find out about "prong collars." I don't have a dog, but I've seen these collars. I wanted to see what a manufacturer would say about them, so I went to a site that sells them.

Does anyone else have any good sources about dog obedience?

No comments:

Post a Comment