Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Make a Map!

Before I head to class, I want to share with you a cool website, Quikmaps.com

If you go to this site, you can build a map--street map, topographical map, satellite map. I can see journalists using this to pinpoint crime, show walking trails, highlight which gas stations have free air (the Gazette did this a while ago.) It's super easy. You select your map (it automatically gave me Cedar Rapids), zoom in or out, and drag and drop items--or even "scribble."

I was building a map to show recent crimes in our neighborhood, and was going to share it with you, but my internet went out yesterday and is not back.

Play with it and tell me how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. This is a really cool idea. It adds depth to any story. I think I will use this for my article this week.

    ReplyDelete